FINANCE AND ACCOUNT
Key Functions include;
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and accounting code by all staff
- Ensuring adequate supervision of the disbursement of funds and ensuring proper monitoring of revenue collection.
- Advising the accounting officers on all financial matters as well as more technical provision of these regulations and other treasury/finance circulars.
- Monitoring proper accounting records such as books of accounts, main and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensuring prompt rendition of all returns e.g Consolidated account (monthly transcript ), Bank Reconciliation statements, revenue & expenditure returns.
- Compiling and defending of the budget proposals and ensuring effective budgeting control by matching/ comparing budgeted figures with the actual expenditure or revenue as the case may be.
- Ensuring that all staff are exposed to regular training programmed as specify in the budget proposal.
- Liaising with the office of the accountant-general from time to time when in doubt in the interpretation of the provisions of these regulations and other treasury circulars.
- Ensuring the existence of an effective audit query unit/ section to promptly deal with all queries from internal audit unit inspectorate department, office of the accountant- general and public
Sections / Units in the Finance and Accounting department
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS) OFFICE
This is the office of the head of the entire Accounts Department. It organises and coordinates the functions and responsibilities of all the units in the department; and oversees the successful discharge of all accounting work in the unit vis-a-vis related work with other government agencies and bodies.
CHIEF ACCOUNTANT OFFICE
It discharges such functions as may be assigned by the DD (F&A). The CA therefore support the DD (F&A) in the organising and coordinating of the entire chain of activities in the Account Department for the successful achievement of desired results and set targets.
CENTRAL PAY OFFICER
Consists of two sub units:
PENSION AND GRATUITY
PUBLIC ACCOUNT COMMITTEE (P.A.C)