PLANNING RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT: FUNCTIONS
The PRS Department is one of three (3) new Departments created in February 26th 2014 by the FJSC for the Court - with the core mandate of planning, research and statistics, as the name implies. The Department is also responsible for the Planning and Management of the Court’s ICT programs; Special Duties and Utilities Services of the Court.
For administrative convenient and effectiveness the Department is structured into three (3) divisions and many sections.
- Providing statistical data and technical support for broad policies formulation on project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Providing the framework for the collection data, preservation and management
- Providing the framework for the formulation of policies and plans on records management
- Providing planning template for formulating broad policies on projects planning, evaluations and monitoring (cost-benefit analysis)
- Undertaking economic feasibility studies and surveys on policies and programs of the Court
- Drawing up accurate manpower budget; nominal roll and planning data for the Court on yearly basis
- Undertaking research on the Court development and documentation of biographies, profiles, etc. of parts and present justices, CRs and management staff; etc
- Drawing up statistical analysis on all the activities of the Court
- Writing newsletters, bulletins and other relevant publications
- Collating and collecting data on outsourcing companies engaged by the court; etc.
- Procurement of hardware and software of ICT facilities;
- Maintenance of ICT facilities, installation of computer systems and accessories;
- Implementation of all ICT projects and programs of the Court;
- Provision of support services to end-users;
- Undertaking technical support programs for software users and training services to all staff;
- Managing and optimizing the performance of Local Area Network (LAN), Intranet and Internet Networks;
- Managing, maintaining and supporting the Court ICT data centre, upgrading of existing ICT infrastructure with up-to-date technologies,
- Managing the Court’s Web portal.
Special Duties and Utility Services Division:
- Taking charge of Justices/Court’s ceremonial matters;
- Keeping records and coordinating the ceremonial activities/valedictory Court sessions, Legal Year and Swearing-in ceremonies of Justices;
- Procuring and maintaining of Justices’ ceremonial Gown/Robes/Dresses;
- Procuring and maintaining telephone facilities, accessories and switch Board (PABX);
- Liaising with the office of the Commissioner of Police FCT Command and Inspector General of Police for the Police details of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justices of Supreme Court;
- Liaising with the Office of the President/Secretary to the Government of the Federation in appointment of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Heads of Federal Courts, Justices of Court of Appeal, Federal High Court, High Court of Justice of FCT etc.
- Procuring and maintaining cables TV network (DSTV) and other related services for the Court, Justices and Management Staff’s residences;
- Taking charge of and payment of utility bills: electricity, water, sewage and waste disposal, etc.