About Ibrahim Mohammed Musa Saulawa
Hon. Justice I.M.M. Saulawa, JSC was born on September 29, 1956 in the ancient city of Katsina. Katina State. North West of Nigeria. He attended both Primary and Secondary Schools in Katsina from 1965 to 1976. He proceeded to the prestigious Bayero University. Kano in September 1977 and graduated in June 1981 with a Bachelor of Law degree. The same year he proceeded to the fore most prestigious Nigerian Law School Lagos and was eventually called to the Nigerian prestigious Nigerian Law School Lagos and was eventually called to the Nigerian Bar on July 2, 1982.
Justice Saulawa began his career with the Ministry of Justice. Kaduna State in August 1982 as a Pupil State Counsel (NYSC: (ii) Secretary. Law Officers (Attorneys – General) Committee of the then 10 Northern States; (iii) a Visiting Lecturer. College of Legal and Extra-Mural Studies. Katsina Polytechnic. Katsina 1982-83: (iv)Private Legal Partitional. Ahmed Usman & Associate Chamber. Kaduna. 1983 (v) Magistrate Grade 2. Kaduna State Judiciary. Septemner1. 1983: (vi) Chief Magistrate. Katsina State. Katsina State Judiciary. 1987 – 1991: (vii) Deputy Chief /registrar/ Chief Registrar. Court of Appeal of Nigeria. Lagos 1991 – 1994: (viii) High Court Judge. Katsina State Judiciary 1994 – 2006.
Justice Saulawa was elevated to the Bench of the Court of Appeal of Nigeria -June 10. 2006. He had served in most of the Divisions (Circuits) of the Court of Appeal
Remarkably. His Lordship had served a Presiding Justice:
- Calaber Judicial Division October. 2015 – August. 2018; …
- Ilorin Judicial Division – September, 2018 – January, 2020.
- Port Harcourt Judicial Division – January, 2020 – November 9, 2020.
- Justice Saulawa was elevated to the Bench oof the Supreme Court of Nigeria on November 10, 2020. He still serves in that capacity.
PUBLICATION AND PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES, ET AL
- MAGISTRATE AND JUVENILE OFFENDERS - 1986
- THE ROLE OF TRADITIONAL AUTHORITY IN ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE - 1987
- LAW AND SOCIAL JUSTICE - 1991
- CRISIS OF EDUCATION IN KATSINA STATE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS -1998
- DELAY IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS (Common Wealth Legal Education Association – CLEA - 2001
- THE DWINDLING CULTURE OF LEGAL RESEARCH IN NIGERIA; PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS ET AL -2010
- THE LEGAL PROFESSION: PRINCIPLES, PRACTICE AND PROSPECTS (BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO. -2018
- JUSTICE SAULAWA HAS IN THE COURSE OF HIS JUDICIAL CAREER AUTHORED AND DELIVERED HUNDREDS OF ERUDITE JUDGEMENTS, MOST OF WHICH HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED IN REPUTABLE WAS REPORTS (ELECTRONIC LAW REPORTS INCLUSIVE)
VARIOUS CONFERENCES ATTENDED IN NIGERIA AND ABROAD:
- NBA MAGISTRATES AND ALL NIGERIAN JUDGES ANNUAL CONFERENCES/SEMINARS FROM 1982 – DATE
- INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE REFORM OF CRIMINAL LAW CONFERENCE – MONTREAL, CANADA - 2004
- GIABA ANTI-CORRUPTION (TRAIN THE TRAINERS SUMMIST – SAINT PAUL, MINNESOTA, USA - 2012
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR STATE COURTS – WASHINGTON DC: WILLIAMSBURG’S, VIRGINIA, USA - 2014
- INTERNATIONAL BAR ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE – VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA - 2016
- INTERNATIONAL BEST PRACTICES EXECUTIVE
- SUMMIT (RETREAT) FOR AFRICAN JUDICIAL
- OFFICERS – ZANZIBAR, TANZANIA -2019
READING, INTERNET – SURFING – RESEARCH, TRAVELLING, GARDENING – FARMING. SPORTS.
INITIATIVE, FORESIGHTEDNESS. DEVELOPMENT ORIENTATION: PIONEERED THE ESTABLISHMENT (FOUNDING) OF VARIOUS PROJECTS, SCHOOLS ET AL INCLUDING
- USMAN DANFODIO COLLEGE OF ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES KATSINA (AFFILIATED TO UTHMAN DAFODIO UNIVERSITY SOKOTO STATE) IN 1992.
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY (FORMERLY KATSINA ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY) KATSINA - 1998